GRACE :: Radiation Oncology

Dr. Mehta on New Technologies in Radiation for Lung Cancer

Somehow I posted the last podcast from Dr. Mehta’s presentation on New Developments in Radiation Oncology for Lung Cancer but overlooked part 5 that should have preceded it. Here’s that longer portion that covers several new advances in the technologies now being incorporated into radiation therapy for lung cancer.

Here’s the video and audio versions of his podcast, along with the associated transcript and figures.

Mehta Refining RT for LC Pt 5 New Technologies Audio Podcast

Mehta Refining RT for LC Pt 5 New Technologies Transcript

Mehta Refining RT for LC Pt 5 New Technologies Figures

I hope this coverage of new technologies is interesting and helpful.

9 Responses to Dr. Mehta on New Technologies in Radiation for Lung Cancer

• drkhiani says:

My mom lobectomy of rt lower lobe done in 10Apr14 . After lobectomy chemotherpy 4 cycle & radiotherpy complitly done on dated 20Nov14 . But today we have done chest xray where we find some shadow on right middle lobe in lower side we dought is this metasis or pneumonia. & pain on opreted place is very painfull. Plz sugess me .

I’m afraid that without being directly involved, without seeing the images or knowing the details of her case, we can’t say what this represents or what to do. Her doctor(s) would need to guide any further workup. It may be helpful to get a biopsy by bronchoscopy, perhaps, or just try treating with antibiotics to see if it improves.

Alternatively, in the weeks after radiation, especially if combined with chemotherapy, you can see pneumonitis, an inflammation of the lung in the area of the radiation that can get better on its own or may potentially have its resolution accelerated by steroids.

• drkhiani says:

Sir plz give your mail id I send all old new xray , reports , pet ct to u. Plz sugess me i am very depress . Plz best opinion give me . I m very dipress.

I’m sorry, but it is not legal for me to provide medical opinion to someone who isn’t my patient. You will need to work with her doctors.

• drkhiani says:

Diagnos by biopsy adenocarcinoma then dr advice PET CT
    Pet ct report I send
    doctor advise lobectomy of rt lower lobe
    Opreted date 06may2014
    Chemotherpy 4 dose (10 jun 2014 first dose start.)
    Rediation is complited 27oct14(30 dose irct)
    xray done on dated 26oct2014 No shadow
    xray done on dated 19jan2015 shadow in rt middle lower lobe. Then we done PET CT this report is doughtfull.

• drkhiani says:

Sir if you send email adress then i send all recent old pet ct. Xray to you. Mutation test done after surgery this is normal

Do not send me the report. I will not read it.

Please provide no more details. This site does not provide personal medical advice to people who are not our patients.

• drkhiani says:

Sir i hope with you . Plz help me. Plz only you check report

• drkhiani says:

Ok sir i m sorry i not send detail to you. Again i say sorry.