Community Updates - 1244232

258 posts / 0 new
Last post
marisa93
Reply To: Community Updates

That's wonderful news, mikem!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

Lisa

follansbee

I haven't been to this site for almost a year, as my husband was no longer receiving Avastin due to blood clots and his physical condition excludes him from being a candidate for other chemo. I just wanted to let you all know that he is still up and around, although he is on oxygen and it is an effort for him to walk from room to room. His pneumonologist ordered a CT last week, as she has prescribed maintenance antibiotic for his chronic Mycobacterium infection. Anyway, we were all pleasantly surprised that the CT showed that there has been no progression of his cancer since the last CT that was taken a year ago. So we're all happy with that bit of news.

JimC

Thanks for the update, with the great news that the CT showed stability!! I hope the antibiotics will help and get him feeling better.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>

catdander

mikem, Congratulations! on the wonderful news. You and D started this journey around the same time and I remember when your docs decided your met wasn't a met. I too think your cancer is no more.
!!!
Janine

catdander

Follansbee, Thanks so much for updating us. How wonderful that the cancer is staying put. I hope the antibiotics help. Good luck to you both. :)
Janine

shy one

Mikem: That's wonderful news, and very heartening. I'm really happy for you and while I wasn't active on this site for a long time, I've been reading backward and catching up and feel as if I have a lot of new friends. Wishing you many years ahead.
Follansbee: I'm glad your husband has gone a year without progression. That certainly is good news. Even if he's on oxygen, he's still getting around, which has to be a plus.
Best wishes to you both.

Dr West

Thanks so much for the follow-up, Follansbee. Obviously, no detectable progression over a year is a very welcome bit of news.

-Dr. West

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Howard (Jack) West
Associate Clinical Professor
Medical Oncology
City of Hope Cancer Center
Duarte, CA

Founder & President
Global Resource for Advancing
Cancer Education

Pages