Message from Sherry: We Wish Gala in Pittsburgh, Come if you can! - 1262579

Dr West

This is a message from Sherry, who asked me to post on her behalf;

Dear Friends,

As some of you may know, last year my family started an organization called We Wish. Our sole purpose is to raise critical funding for lung cancer research and patient education. In the past year we have hosted a few events and have been able to donate to GRACE, an organization that you all know is near and dear to my heart.

On April 5, we are hosting our first We Wish Diamond Gala at The Fez in Hopewell Township, PA. The ticket price will include a sit down dinner, open bar, and musical entertainment by The Terrance Vaughn Trio. The Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be WPXI Meteorologist Scott Harbaugh.

I would like to extend an invitation to all of our GRACE family who live close enough to attend. (If you aren't close, you can still come!!) We were really hoping to have Dr. West speak, but the logistics of travelling to Pittsburgh from Seattle were too difficult.

Click here for a PDF file of the details of the evening that includes a response form. The information is also available on our website, www.wewish.net. If you can't attend but would be interested in sponsoring the event, your help would be very welcomed.

I hope to see some of you there!!

Sherry
http://www.wewish.net/
Simply because We Wish lung cancer didn't exist.

Forums

sherrys

I wanted to bump this up in case anyone has considered attending our gala. Final reservations are due this week, so if you would like to attend, please message me at info@wewish.net. The bonus of the evening is that you would have the opportunity to meet me and Neil!! :) You can find more information at www.wewish.net.

Thank you and I hope to see you there!

aunttootsie001

Wow, this sounds awesome! Would love to attend but unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you want to look at it my husband and I will be in Florida! This years trip should be a lot less stressful since last year we didn't get very good News before we were to leave! Day before we were to leave my Surgeon had given us the News my Pleurodesis hadn't worked and he wanted me to have more surgery to have a Cathx inserted! We freaked and decided to escape to Florida after having a Thorentisis that same day! The good News is I didn't have the Cathx put in but with only one more Thorentisis done it seems to have sealed off after sometime! Feeling much better than last year and after the Winter we have had here in Ohio I'm ready to head South! I hope everyone has fun and maybe the next one! Thanks Dr. West for the info! Lorrie

aunttootsie001

Sherry I live near Warren, Ohio and I am very Sorry we can't come! I do plan on hooking up this Summer with one of my Cancer Blog friends! Would be nice to speak to some of the Grace Family too! I'm sure you will have fun! I send a Big Hug to all that are able to make it! Lorrie

catdander
2 things,
Lorrie I want to congratulate you on NED! and the PE healing. Those are such wonderful words. Have a great time in Florida.

Too, I wanted to say my sister and I are trying to get to Pittsburgh, PA and Scio, Oh this summer or fallish. Sherry, I'll def give you a heads up when we're in the area. Lorrie I'm not sure where you are geo but would love to put faces and bodies on my virtual family. Will contact when I know more.

Best of luck with the event! :)

Janine

aunttootsie001

Sherry and Janie, will have to wait and see as we spend most of our Summer at the lake making it less likely and depending when in fall well that would be a wait and see! Thanks for your well wishes and were on a count down for going to Florida! Only get to see my brother and his Family once a year! Can't wait! Lorrie