Nivolomab and anti-OX4O - 1293521

waymon

Hello, I would appreciate any feedback you can give. I have a history of Bronchoalveolar carcinoma. I had my right lower lobe removed in 2009. Had another surgery, a wedge removed, from my left lung in 2014. Most recent scans have show new small (1.7 cm) in my left lung and had metastasized with a new tumor in my right femur, about 3 cm.
My Oncologist has recommended a dual immunotherapy combination of Nivolomab and anti-OX4O

Does anyone have any experience with that

Thanks

Waymon

Forums

JimC

Hi Waymon,

Welcome to GRACE. Currently there are many clinical trials testing various combinations of immunotherapy and other agents, including the one you cite. It's too early to reach any conclusions about its efficacy, but there is a discussion of immunotherapy in combination with an anti-OX4O agent here. The concept shows promise, but it is still early in its testing.

JimC
Forum moderator

waymon

I was just told i would not qualify for this clinical trial due to them not being able to get a biopsy without surgery. Now i am hoping to find another treatment option or clinical trial. Any info would be appreciated
thanks

catdander
H waymon,

Even though you can't have a biopsy today there should be tissue from your previous resections. A test of that tissue could tell if you have a mutation that can be targeted by a drug. There are 4 mutations for which should be tested, EGFR, ALK, ROS1, and BRAF V600E. A test for PD-L1 expression can also be done that will tell if you have a high percentage of PD-l1 to possibly have a good chance of a single immunotherapy to be beneficial. If you don't have a mutation chemotherapy can be very effective at keeping the cancer at bay.

Best of luck,
Janine