My name is Andreea and my mother was diagnosed with metastatic breast
cancer 5 years ago. We are in Romania, and we wonder what would be the
treatment options for a patient in US with similar condition.
I apologize for the long message, I didn't know which data is most relevant.
- diagnosed 5 years ago, my mother is now 67. Found bone mets to some
neck vertebras and two small tumors (< 1cm) in the breast.
- very low blood pressure (80/40)
- complete lack of teeth, jaw necrosis - infection, almost
- continuously on antibiotics.
- bad liver tests, some > 100 times the normal values.
- markers for breast cancer: 4000, never went below 200. I understand they must be 30.
- a spot (possible met) in lung, she's been complaining for a few days
of painful breathing.
- severe constipation, continuous use of laxatives
- bone mets on all segments of the spine, pelvic bones, ribs, shoulders, skull
- very hard to walk, pain in the ribs and chest
- most of the time bedridden, pain when moving, general weakness
- for pain: fentanyl patches, diclofenac, sevredol (morphine sulfate)
- for constipation: duphalac.
- some drugs for heart and cholesterol
- for vomiting: metroclopramid
- at first radiation (about 6 cycles) for neck vertebras and recently
about 3 months for pelvic bones.
- taxotere + farmorubicin (6 cycles)
- myocet until two months ago, stopped because of side effects.
- almost continuous chemo since diagnosis
So, I'd like to know which options would you have for a patient in a
similar situation. Also, if you could point me something to read, that
would be very helpful!
Thanks a lot!