Poorly-Differentiated Adenocarcinoma of Lung; Progression - 1264134

elizabeth777

My husband initially 16 months ago was diagnosed with a very rare Autoimmune Disease: Dermatomyositis..inflammation of the skin & muscles. He was diagnosed with this type of
lung cancer last October. We utilized 4 different natural, scientifically proven, anti-cancer
therapies; but, he lost too much weight on a high pH alcholine diet which dropped the muscle
enzymes wonderfully :-) BUT, he became too weak; the Doctors took him off cold turkey of
Methotrexate, to supposedly allow the immune system increase to the good; BUT, again, he
had a HUGE flare--up while tapering very slowly off the Prednisone too.
We put him on Hospice Care since 3/25/14. BUT NOW, the cancer has Metastised to his
Rt. of his heart & surrounds the Vein & Artery. His decision is to try low-dose Chemo this
coming Thursday. I've been reading about Pancreatic Enzymes for all type of cancer, including
lung. I just don't know if I can utilize this along with the low-dose Chemo. PLEASE, respond
ASAP. Thank you and God bless you.

Forums

Dr West

I'm sorry to hear of his progression.

I'm afraid I know of no evidence to support a benefit for pancreatic enzymes, have never recommended it for one of my patients, and don't think I know of any well trained cancer expert who has ever recommended pancreatic enzymes as an effective cancer treatment. I would have absolutely no enthusiasm for pursuing this strategy.

Good luck.

-Dr. West