Hello, unfortunately my husband and I found out about 3 weeks ago that my Mother in law has stage 4 lung cancer (non small cell adenocarcinoma). The cancer has taken over the RUL and RML completely, and matastisized to the lymph nodes and a very small spot on the kidney, it is pushing on her esophagus as well. She is only 70.9lbs (62ywars of ago) at this time and went through 1 treatment of chemo 1 week ago. Last week, 2 days after the chemo she was taken to the ICU for dangerously low sodium levels. She seems to have recovered well, but the family is still very concerned. It is the big elephant in the room and we all want to ask, but no one is comfortable. So I am hoping we can get some sort of guidance from someone on here. We would like to know
1. What is our time frame looking like (we want to spend as much time as we can with her)?
2. Will the radiation therapy they might do cause more damage?
3. If they do another round of chemo will she have the same reaction as the first round?
4. How much does her weight and current malnutrition have to do with her chance of survival?
5. Is it advisable to even do chemo and radiation with her current weight and malnutrition?
Thank you for all the help!