A suggestion for a condition, that I think could be lung cancer - 1272648

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ievakonf
A suggestion for a condition, that I think could be lung cancer - 1272648

Hello, I am 26 years old, 11 years with 2 years stop on and off smoker. I had a cold one month ago and it was strange, because only left side lymph nodes were swollen. My doc ordered a cxr and it came negative. The cough almost passed, even though in the morning I still have some rusty colored sputum, but this I could dismiss due to the fact that I've stopped smoking.But I have recently 10 days ago started to have stronger pains in my right shoulder and chest, specially when I cough ( I cough like 10 times a day and not strong). The pains are in my right shoulder, not constant, but sometimes really severe. Today morning when I coughed also my right ear hurt. I also have this slight pain in my right let, but no lower back pain. I've been to my doctor to ask for a chest ct just in order to be clear and calm, but she said there is no need. The pain is not constant, but it gets worsen if I lie on that side, sometimes I also get my toes numb in the right side. Please advise me if I really do not need to worry, or I should insist for a ct scan to my chest?

P.S. I know, that my question does not qualify for your rules, but please advice me, as I am really worried.

JimC
Hi ievakonf,

Hi ievakonf,

Although it's clear that something is causing these symptoms, it is extremely unlikely that cancer is that cause. Although not impossible, lung cancer takes quite a while to develop and is very uncommon in a person of your age. Also, if all your symptoms are related to the same cause, it would be unlikely that lung cancer would not appear on a chest x-ray.

I think you need further workup to determine the cause, but which tests should be done is a question best left to your own doctors, who know all the details of your medical situation.

Good finding a cause and relief from your symptoms.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>