Multiple lung nodules in right upper lobe - 1272523

walknlite

First off let me give a little background. .I am an oral cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma 6 years ago. Fast forward to now. ..two months ago I got sick with what we thought was bronchitis. After two rounds of antibiotics and steroids I had a chest xray which lead to a chest CT. Refered to the pulminologist and was told there were more than twenty nodules. Jan 4th I had a bronchoscopy and was told he got as many nodules as he could but couldn't reach the ones at the tips of the bronchi. So far we know that it's not a fungal infection and pulmonary culture didn't grow anything. We are still waiting on other results. I also had a lung function study this past week. Get results Tuesday. The wait is driving me insane. :) My question:: How likely is this a recurrence from oral cancer, new cancer, or nothing at all? Can bronchitis cause multiple nodules? Thank you for you time, Angelia

Forums

catdander
Hi Walknlite

It's good to hear you're 6 years away from cancer. If the nodules represented cancer that would have been discovered through a pretty simple microscope examination. It's certainly appropriate to ask the doctor about that if he/she hasn't informed you about that already. Still I can only imagine how difficult the wait is and hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Best of luck,
Janine

walknlite

Thank you for responding. Partial results have come back as the pulminologist was testing for a number of things. The results that came back were not the results I am really waiting on. I do have a follow up on Tuesday. My husband and I both are really concerred as all my symptoms are pointing to cancer. I know it could be a number of things, but most of those have been ruled out
Once you've had cancer, it's always in the back of your mind. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

walknlite

Update:
I went for follow up and get results of bronchoscopy. I learned that he did not actually biopsy any on of the nodules. He just did a bronchial brush and a wash. Those came back negative, but we still do not know what the multiple nodules are. I asked him point blank what the nodules were, and his response was the he didn;t know. I also asked what the size of the nodules were and he didn't know that either as he didn't measure them. So now we wait for another ct scan to see if these nodules are growing. He did dx me with adult onset asthma after having the lung function study. Said I was taking in more air then what I could get out. UGH