PET TUMOR IMAG W CT SK-THIGH/FDG - 1270252

judithann

I have been diagnosed with recurring adrenal cancer. This is a paragraph from my recent PET scan. Is it possible for you to know the stage of this cancer mass and if surgery could be possible?

"Abdomen: The large mass superior to the pancreas shows marked increased metabolism consistent with the known adrenal cortical tumor recurrence. Maximum SUV is 12.9. The adjacent stomach shows no increased metabolism. No liver lesions are seen. The spleen and distal pancreas are absent surgically. (From the original adrenal cancer surgery in 2001). There is physiologic renal activity on the right. Left kidney is absent. (Same 2001 surgery) Low-density cystic changes in the sacrum have no associated increased metabolism."

Thank you.
Judith

Forums

catdander
Hi Judithann,

I'm very sorry you're suffering this awful disease but we aren't able nor is anyone able to make that kind of decision from so little information. That can only be accessed by someone with all the information. We have an excellent post on 2nd opinion that may be of help to you. http://cancergrace.org/cancer-101/2011/11/13/an-insider%E2%80%99s-guide…

All the best of luck and hopes,

Janine