Taxotere with Tarceva - 1264089

kim5

Does anyone have experience of receiving Taxotere while continuing Tarceva?

I am a 59 yr old Asian never smoker woman. I had EGFR-positive, stage 4 lung adenocarcinoma diagnosed in June 2011 and received 4 cycles of pemetrexed and cisplatin. Since Sept 2011, I have been taking Tarceva and had a complete response, but now have evidence of peritoneal recurrence on PET/CT and biopsy. The tumor lacks the T790M mutation but has strong MET expression. My oncologist and I have elected to proceed to add Taxotere to my current Tarceva regimen.

I'd be interested to know anyone's experience of the Tarceva/Taxotere combination's efficacy and side effects. Thank you.

Forums

Dr West

I have had a few of my own patients pursue this combination over the past 5 years or so. In general, side effects have been exactly what I'd expect for giving each of these agents independently -- in other words, really just the additive side effects of skin side effects +/- loose stools from Tarceva (erlotinib), along with the variable side effects of low blood counts, fatigue, and other issues with Taxotere (docetaxel). In general, it's been tolerable, essentially just as tolerable as giving Taxotere to a wide range of people.

Good luck.

-Dr. West