Dr. Rafeh Naqash, one of the participants in the GRACE Patient Education Ambassador Program, shares a fantastic video series on understanding clinical trials.
For this series, Dr. Naqash speaks with Ivy Elkins, Patient Advocate and Lung Cancer Survivor and founder of the EGFR Resisters Patient Group, (https://egfrcancer.org/founders/) and Fumiko Chino, MD, a Radiation Oncologist with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/fumiko-chino).
In these videos, Drs. Naqash and Chino and Ms. Elkins discuss:
Are Placebos Used in Phase 1 Clinical Trials? How Does this Differ from Trials in Other Phases?
- Could A Trial Be Right For Me Even If My Doctor Didn't Know About It?
- How Do I Manage Potential Side Effects I Might Experience on a Clinical Trial?
- How Will Being on a Trial Potentially Impact My Daily Life?
- How Much Will a Clinical Trial Cost? How Does the Billing Work, and What About Emergency Treatment and Other Expenses?
- Does A Clinical Trial Have Provisions or Resources for Stress or Mental Health?
- What Happens if I Have To Leave a Clinical Trial?
#clinicaltrial #genentech #lilly #cancerGRACE
To join the conversation, visit https://cancergrace.org/forum.
Hi Oaktowngrrl, Welcome to Grace. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Finding a reputable dedicated thoracic surgeon for lung surgery might be difficult, as it is a complex and...
Hello Hello, Just want to let you know I see your post and will respond more appropriately in the morning.
Hi, I'm sorry for the delay. It's OK to post with questions here, it's what the forums are for. However, our expertise is not in diagnosing cancer but in knowledge of...
I'm sure you're…