Article and Video CATEGORIES
Dr. Rafeh Naqash, one of the participants in the GRACE Patient Education Ambassador Program, shares a fantastic video series on understanding clinical trials.
For this series, Dr. Naqash speaks with Ivy Elkins, Patient Advocate and Lung Cancer Survivor and founder of the EGFR Resisters Patient Group, (https://egfrcancer.org/founders/) and Fumiko Chino, MD, a Radiation Oncologist with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/fumiko-chino).
In these videos, Drs. Naqash and Chino and Ms. Elkins discuss:
Are Placebos Used in Phase 1 Clinical Trials? How Does this Differ from Trials in Other Phases?
- Could A Trial Be Right For Me Even If My Doctor Didn't Know About It?
- How Do I Manage Potential Side Effects I Might Experience on a Clinical Trial?
- How Will Being on a Trial Potentially Impact My Daily Life?
- How Much Will a Clinical Trial Cost? How Does the Billing Work, and What About Emergency Treatment and Other Expenses?
- Does A Clinical Trial Have Provisions or Resources for Stress or Mental Health?
- What Happens if I Have To Leave a Clinical Trial?
#clinicaltrial #genentech #lilly #cancerGRACE
To join the conversation, visit https://cancergrace.org/forum.
Please feel free to offer comments and raise questions in our
Next Previous linkPrevious PostNext Post
Hi Caregiver and welcome to Grace. I'm sorry that you need to be here and hope we can help. Osimertinib has better efficacy than gefitinib (including OS and reaching the brain)...
Hi Bob, Welcome to Grace. I'm sorry about your sil. Unfortunately, cancer becomes resistant to TKIs like tagrisso. Sometimes all of the cancer becomes resistant at once and sometimes just parts...