Dr. Rafeh Naqash, one of the participants in the GRACE Patient Education Ambassador Program, shares a fantastic video series on understanding clinical trials.
For this series, Dr. Naqash speaks with Ivy Elkins, Patient Advocate and Lung Cancer Survivor and founder of the EGFR Resisters Patient Group, (https://egfrcancer.org/founders/) and Fumiko Chino, MD, a Radiation Oncologist with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/fumiko-chino).
In these videos, Drs. Naqash and Chino and Ms. Elkins discuss:
Are Placebos Used in Phase 1 Clinical Trials? How Does this Differ from Trials in Other Phases?
- Could A Trial Be Right For Me Even If My Doctor Didn't Know About It?
- How Do I Manage Potential Side Effects I Might Experience on a Clinical Trial?
- How Will Being on a Trial Potentially Impact My Daily Life?
- How Much Will a Clinical Trial Cost? How Does the Billing Work, and What About Emergency Treatment and Other Expenses?
- Does A Clinical Trial Have Provisions or Resources for Stress or Mental Health?
- What Happens if I Have To Leave a Clinical Trial?
#clinicaltrial #genentech #lilly #cancerGRACE
To join the conversation, visit https://cancergrace.org/forum.
Welcome to Grace. If the TKI is working except for one or 2 places local treatment such as radiation can be used to get rid of the resistant cells...
I forgot to tell you that Grace is having its annual OncTalk live forum online Saturday, Dec. 11 at 8 am Pacific and 11 am Eastern
It will be invaluable to...
This is indeed a happy Thanksgiving in our house. I'll post about it at soon but we've just come out of a dark place and are feeling so hopeful today.
Hi and welcome to Grace. I'm sorry your sister-in-law is going through this it's so unsettling, to say the least. Cancer travels through the lymph system but also through blood vessels. ...
Hi Tronique, I can't say if you do or don't have a pancoast tumor but it sounds like there are a dozen other reasons you're having your symptoms and several reasons...