Dr. Rafeh Naqash, one of the participants in the GRACE Patient Education Ambassador Program, shares a fantastic video series on understanding clinical trials.
For this series, Dr. Naqash speaks with Ivy Elkins, Patient Advocate and Lung Cancer Survivor and founder of the EGFR Resisters Patient Group, (https://egfrcancer.org/founders/) and Fumiko Chino, MD, a Radiation Oncologist with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/doctors/fumiko-chino).
In these videos, Drs. Naqash and Chino and Ms. Elkins discuss:
Are Placebos Used in Phase 1 Clinical Trials? How Does this Differ from Trials in Other Phases?
- Could A Trial Be Right For Me Even If My Doctor Didn't Know About It?
- How Do I Manage Potential Side Effects I Might Experience on a Clinical Trial?
- How Will Being on a Trial Potentially Impact My Daily Life?
- How Much Will a Clinical Trial Cost? How Does the Billing Work, and What About Emergency Treatment and Other Expenses?
- Does A Clinical Trial Have Provisions or Resources for Stress or Mental Health?
- What Happens if I Have To Leave a Clinical Trial?
#clinicaltrial #genentech #lilly #cancerGRACE
To join the conversation, visit https://cancergrace.org/forum.
Hi cancersurvivour welcome to Grace. Congrats on the "previous" aspect of your blood cancer. A haematologist is just the person to keep an eye on you with CT scans. Your CT...
Thank you for your comments Janine. Makes sense.
You have been through a lot already at such a young age, probably too much for someone online to say much. Perhaps your haemotologist and pulmonologist consult to...
Hello and welcome to Grace. I'm sorry you need to look for this info. Stage IV rectal cancer survival rate depends on whether cancer is contained regionally or has spread to...