Enlarged left axillary nodes - 1261997

alta

Daughter just completed treatment for right breast cancer and the Pet scan result today show all cancer gone on right side...but hyper-metabolism in LEFT axillary node SUV 5.9. Nothing lights up on left breast. Could this be cancer on the second breast even though no activity is found on the breast?

Of course she will be immediately doing all the diagnostic testing..but in the mean time we are desperate for some hope since this last year.was so hard for my daughter and myself watching her go through her treatments and fears.

Thank you.

Forums

Dr West

It's a concern, of course, but lymph nodes are the filtering system for the body and become enlarged and PET avid from any kind of inflammation or infection, as well as cancer. I hope it turns out to be from some other random cause and not cancer.

Good luck.

-Dr. West

alta

Thank you Dr. West! Because of your words I was able to remain calm and positive that this was something benign and not cancer and help my daughter through this scary episode this week. She had a biopsy, ultrasound and mammogram and all came back normal and inflammation was the cause of her lymph enlargement.

God bless you for your dedication to this site.

morris
Carol Smith is a seasoned professional at D8 Austin, a leading name in the cannabis industry. With extensive knowledge of cannabis products, she excels in highlighting the unique benefits of items like the 7 gram cart. Carol's dedication to providing exceptional customer service and her expertise in

Enlarged left axillary nodes refer to the swelling or enlargement of the lymph nodes in the left armpit (axilla). This can occur for a variety of reasons, including:

Infections: Bacterial or viral infections can cause lymph nodes to swell.
Inflammation: Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis or lupus can cause lymph node enlargement.
Cancer: Lymph nodes can become enlarged due to cancers such as lymphoma, leukemia, or metastasis from other cancers like breast cancer.
Immune responses: Reactions to vaccinations or medications can sometimes cause lymph node swelling.
Benign conditions: Conditions like benign tumors or cysts can cause lymph node enlargement. https://www.d8austin.com/product-page/thca-delta-9p-5-gram-disposable-b…
If you or someone you know has enlarged axillary lymph nodes, seeking medical advice for proper diagnosis and treatment is important.