Everolimus plus antibody clinical trial - 1265414

jls57

Does any one have any experience or knowledge/information about this combination of drugs? My mom tested negative for T790 and C-MET. The above mentioned trial is what they are planning on doing for her next treatment. I have not heard anything about this drug or this combination and it seems like it is primarily for kidney cancer. Thank you in advance for any information about this.

Forums

Dr West

I don't know of any work ever done before on this combination. I suspect it's very early. Panitumumab is very similar to Erbitux (cetuximab), and we've written about everolimus and other mTOR inhibitors before here -- hints of some activity, but nothing that has been a blockbuster. AMG 479 is an inhibitor of IGF-1R -- this class of drugs has had a checkered past in lung cancer.

I'd have to confess that this seems to be a combination of three agents that individually are not likely to hit it out of the park (or even be a solid single) on their own -- I'd have to hope that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Good luck.

-Dr. West

waleed020

I’d have to confess that this seems to be a combination of three agents that individually are not likely to hit it out of the park (or even be a solid single) on their own — I’d have to hope that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.