Immunotherapy Clinical Trial "Mystic" - 1274172

lmlb7665

It has been some time since I have posted on this site. I have been watched since 2011 when I was first diagnosed with lung cancer. Since that time, I had a lung resection of the upper right lobe in 2014 and was on a "watch" every 3 months with CT scans. In March of this year, all hell broke loose when it was discovered that my cancer had metastasized to my spine, right hip, SI joint and right femur. I was then considered for a Clinical study called MYSTIC which randomized patients into 3 arms, two of which are immunotherapy and 1 Chemo.

I am told that there will be 810 patients from around the world and only 4 from Mayo in Arizona. I will be one of the 4 in AZ. I have been randomized into ARM 2 which is a dual immunotherapy, Medi4736 and Tremi. I will begin my first infusion on June 1.

I would like to invite anyone from around the world to add to this post about their experiences in this trial.

Forums

catdander
Hi Louse,

Welcome back, kind-of, i'm sorry you need to be back but glad your path is long and slow. I look forward to knowing you are doing well with lots of benefit from the trial.

Best of luck,
Janine

lmlb7665

Thank you Judy for the link. I appreciate all that I can find on the topic as well as hoping that others who have signed up for this trial also find this post and respond.

I will post as the trial progresses with my own personal experiences as the trial moves forward. As I said
June 1 is my first treatment. I am so hoping that I do not get the most common side effect, diarrhea. I had two weeks of it after 10 days of radiation. Excited, but apprehensive.
Louise

catdander
Thinking of you Louise. I hope your first infusion went well and hope you are feeling alright. Thank you for adding to the hopefully excellent findings in this trial.

Here's to one of the first persons to take nsclc treatment to a new and normal life expectancy.
Big (((hugs))),
Janine

lmlb7665

Janie,
I had an excellent experience. I was so impressed with the procedure. It was so exacting and I found it completely painless. I had no immediate reaction to either immuno drugs. They drew about 40 vials of blood before, during and after for comparisons. Thanks for following up with me.
Louise

catdander
It's good to hear all went so well for you. I've heard doctors and patients both talk about the extreme care with which trial patients are treated.

Janine