Life on Taxotere - 1248028

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
catdander
Reply To: Life on Taxotere

Congratulations Judy, so good to know you're moving forward with the trial. I hope you won't need a new biopsy.
It sounds like the tarceva may be working as well.
What an inspiration you are for us just as your parents must be for you. How amazing, parents together in their 90s. That's got to be a record.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Janine

marisa93

Great news on the trial Judy!!!! I hope another biopsy won't be necessary!

Good luck:)
Lisa

laya d.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

xoxo,
Laya

JimC

Congratulations on the trial acceptance, Judy! I hope all goes well, and no biopsy needed.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>

judys

Wanted you to know that I'm officially enrolled in the MPDL3280A trial at SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance). It's pretty exciting and I know I'm fortunate.

I still need to get a new biopsy and PET scan and am in the washout period from Tarceva. November 22 will be the earliest I can have an infusion.

Unfortunately I feel pretty yucky even after having 750 ml drained again from my PE. I'm losing weight and the hip/back pain I get when off treatment is already back. Here's hoping this trial works------

I'll start a new thread next time.

Jazz

Glad to hear this news, Judy. Here's hoping you can start treatment soon with minimum delays, and that you have something to control the pain while you wait. I am with you on the hip/back pain & losing weight. My biopsy for the MK-3475 trial at UCLA is on Monday 18th. I haven't started the washout period yet but am quite fearful of it.

Very best hopes immunotherapy works! Crossing fingers and toes,

Jazz

JimC

Good news, Judy! I hope the trial works well for you; we look forward to more good news from you!

Jazz, good luck with your biopsy, and trial. Hoping for an uneventful washout period.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>

Jazz

Thanks so much, Jim. I'll start a new thread as well, or maybe post on the Anti-PD1 thread -

Dr West

That's great news about the trial...I'm just sorry you've been feeling poorly. There's a lot of promise in this whole line of immune checkpoint inhibitors, so I hope you can relay some great news of it working for you.

Good luck!

-Dr. West

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Howard (Jack) West
Associate Clinical Professor
Medical Oncology
City of Hope Cancer Center
Duarte, CA

Founder & President
Global Resource for Advancing
Cancer Education

laya d.

Hiiiiii Judy. . .. Thanks so much for the update and great news on the trial! I'm sorry you're not feeling well at the moment. . .but my fingers, toes, etc., etc. are all crossed that great things will come of this trial. . .

xoxoxoxo....And much love to you!
Laya

Pages