NSCLC stage 1V with liver metastesis - 1290461

allencrobbins

I was diagnosed with stage 1V NSCLC in April 2015 with 3 small brain areas of brain metastes. I received sterotactic radiation to my brain with no recurring sites since that time from MRI reports every 6 months.I also received six treatment with carboplatin, pemetrexed, and avastin; followed by maintenance pemetrexed and avastin until Dec. 2016. At that time a pet scan I had showed a small area on my liver which i received sterotactic radiation to that area. My last chemo was Dec.2, 2016 with only pemetrexed due to having the sterotactic radiation to my liver to prevent bleeding with avastin. My pet scan Feb. 2017 showed another area on my liver. My oncologist feels I would benefit from immunotherapy--mainly opdivo or keytruda. I am not sure which drug would be my best choice. What is your advice?

Forums

catdander
Hi Allen,

We can't advise anyone on what they should do. That's a decision made between the patient and oncologist. However here is a link to a recent discussion on the subject that may help. http://cancergrace.org/lung/2016/09/01/oakpos/

Let us know if you have followup questions.
All best on your next treatment.
Janine