Torso Numbness / Opdivo side effect? - 1274228

gnonami

I recently started Opdivo infusions for my stage 4 neuroendocrine NSCLC. Between the first and second infusion, started to experience tingling neuropathy in both hands and feet. Started gabapentin to help with this - slightly better for both hands and one foot, but then worsened with the second infusion. Did not do third infusion and waited to see if improvement occurred (stable, but no real improvement). Now on 35 mg prednisone/day to see if that improves anything. Have been on the prednisone 5 days now.

I have had two relatively good days and the rest seem to be the same/worse.. I am also feeling a tight numb band around my torso (like wearing a tight girdle or corset between the bra line and the hip bone).

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this? It is mentally exhausting and I am unable to do much else other than lay around all day. It is very frustrating that the side effects of the potential cure are worse than the disease itself at this point.

Is there anything else I can do? Just wait it out - is there a timeframe where it might resolve?

Thanks in advance.

Natasha

Forums

catdander
Hi Natasha,

I'm sorry you're having these symptoms. Immunotherapy drugs can cause neuropathy but a search for some other reason might be in order.

A tightening in the chest can be an urgent matter that should be seen by a doctor asap. Perhaps a trip to the ER is in order.

If this is something affecting the intestines it's best to stop the drug before it causes colitis. http://www.opdivo.bmscustomerconnect.com/advanced-nsclc/side-effects

Keep us posted.
All best,
Janine