Worried always. Adenocarcinoma ssh stage2a - 1272615

merilee

. I had surgery 6/15 to remove upper left lung tumor had chemo Latina. and cisplatn. I am having pain in bbc.co back and in ribs, at times ribs are tender to the touch, i know this can be quite common. I am very petite which probably doesn't help either. My ribs when inhaling, yawning feel like they a re broke. . I worry. About everything, which ok guess can be a good thing, just wondered how normal this is. After months since surgery and chemo..so worried about return....even though i had a scan 2 months ago and was ok, but monitoring some groundless nodules in other lung that have been there for yrs. Any opinions, similar / stories etc much appreciated... mm

Forums

JimC

Hi merilee,

Welcome to GRACE. I'm sorry that you are experiencing these painful symptoms, but as you say what you describe is not at all unusual. It can take quite a while to heal from such significant surgery, often many months.

It's great news that your scan two months ago showed good results, and such follow-up imaging is the best way to monitor for progression, especially if you don't develop symptoms that clearly can't be related to your surgery.

Good luck and continued good scans!

JimC
Forum moderator