etoposide NSCLC - 1242801

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
abacopeg
etoposide NSCLC - 1242801

New to this site and hoping to get some answers. Has anyone had success with etoposide for NSCLC? Just took my first dose.

Dr West
Reply To: etoposide NSCLC

Yes. It's a standard, well established treatment in many settings, particularly in combination with radiation for stage III NSCLC or for patients with large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma.

In the future, if you have a question about lung cancer, please ask it in the forum about lung cancer. It's in the same drop down menu you probably used to access this forum (under "Ask a Question about ____").

Good luck.

-Dr. West

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Howard (Jack) West
Associate Clinical Professor
Medical Oncology
City of Hope Cancer Center
Duarte, CA

Founder & President
Global Resource for Advancing
Cancer Education

suziew

Welcome to Grace I am sure you will find this forum a place of great support, I am sure a faculty member will be by soon to offer some thoughts.

It would be helpful if you would expand your post a little more by perhaps giving a bit of background to your cancer and what treatment if any you have already had. Is the Etoposide being given alone or in combination with another agent.

Suzie

abacopeg

Dear Suzie,
Thank you for the advice and I also learned from Dr. West I am in the wrong area so I reposted in Lung Cancer and included my history. P