Happy birthday, Dr. West and Dr. Weiss! - 1294356

JimC

Today we celebrate the birthday of two of the most important people in the GRACE community, Dr Jack West and Dr. Jared Weiss,

A little over ten years ago, Dr. West sat down with nothing but a computer, a rudimentary website called "OncTalk" and a great deal of expertise and began to answer questions about lung cancer in an effort to educate patients and caregivers about the disease. Shortly thereafter a new, more robust site and a new organization was born - GRACE. The new site includes information provided by a number of well-respected oncologists, eventually including Dr. Jared Weiss, who not only contributes information but serves on the board of directors and, with Dr. West, works tirelessly to ensure that GRACE continues Dr. West's original vision.

Having seen these two men in action over the past ten years, I am constantly impressed by their dedication and selflessness, and they have my much-deserved and unbounded respect. I hope each of you has a wonderful birthday. On behalf of the entire GRACE staff and community, thank you for all that you do.

JimC
Forum moderator

Forums

onthemark

Happy birthday Drs. West and Weiss and thanks for all you have done and continue to do to help cancer patients and their loved ones.

catdander
...what Jim said :)

Dr. Jack West and Dr. Jared Weiss thank you for the help you gave me when Don was sick. With the wild twists and turns his disease took I was able to stand firm in the belief we were doing all we could. I would not have known if it weren't for Grace. I don't use the word "blessed" very often but this community is blessed to have Grace and you both.

I hope you both get to celebrate the day with those you love and admire.

Janine

scohn

Happy Birthdays Drs. JW andJW!!

May it be filled with peace, happiness, and love!! Thanks for all you do!