MEDI4736 - 1260483

70 posts / 0 new
Last post
bdrake
(No subject)

catdander
Bill this is fantastic! I'm

Bill this is fantastic! I'm so glad and everyone is so lucky you're stable 3 months out from treatment. That's exciting by itself but what you're doing to get the word out is where everyone else gets lucky.

Congratulations Man!

mrkenney
Hey Bill et al,

Hey Bill et al,
I am no longer receiving MEDI4736 as I have completed the one year of infusions with miraculously flying colors. Tears of Joy Yesterday I had my 30 day post treatment checkup and am officially a "boring patient".

I'm glad to read that you're doing well Bill and I'm mightily impressed with your Please Look campaign.

Warm regards,
Mike

JimC
Congratulations, Mike! Thanks

Congratulations, Mike! Thanks for another great report!

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>

Dr West
Yes, congratulations! And the

Yes, congratulations! And the campaign looks very well done.

Interesting that one of the big questions with immunotherapies is whether you need to be on them indefinitely or whether a fixed duration of a few months or a year could be all that is needed. We simply don't know, but there are quite a few people who completed fixed courses or needed to stop treatments due to challenging side effects and continue to do very well for a long time.

-Dr. West

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dr. Howard (Jack) West
Associate Clinical Professor
Medical Oncology
City of Hope Cancer Center
Duarte, CA

Founder & President
Global Resource for Advancing
Cancer Education

jimdunkle
Hello all,

Hello all,

I am new to this website / group but wanted to express my appreciation to all for the comments and feedback on MEDI4736.

After two years of chemo, my wife (metastatic bladder cancer) started treatments in January 2015 at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa FL) for the MEDI4736 clinical trials. She has now had two of the treatments and next week will get treatment number three. Her scheduled treatment plan is infusion every two weeks for the duration of one year. We are very early into the program.

To those pursuing immunotherapy in clinical trials, I encourage you to stay proactive in your pursuit for as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, they do fill up quickly. We met with an oncologist at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and while Karen was a great candidate for their program, unfortunately it was at accrual. We made contact and multiple trips to MCC and also was talking with MD Anderson in Houston for possible trials treatment. She was screened for one program at MCC but was not qualified for it but placed on a waiting list for another program for which she was accepted. I spent many hours searching the clinical trials website for possible locations for her treatment, and it took a couple of months to get her into a program.

So far the side effects have been a bit harder on her than we anticipated, mainly fatigue. Fortunately, the side effects are much easier on her than the previous chemo series'.

Best wishes to all,
Jim

bdrake
Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

How are you doing?

I'm fine - still on chemo vacation. No complications. Scans showing no progress.

- Bill

PS: I've become a member of the board of the ECAA, working with Rhonda Small on a national early detection awareness campaign. I will keep you posted!

annek
Hi Bill,

Hi Bill,

Just wondering if you were able to get on this trial? Any info would be appreciated. My husband has adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophogeal junction that has metastasized to his peritoneum. He has gone through two lines of therapy, so we are at crossroads right now. Looks like radiation therapy is next and them ramucirumab/paclitaxel. We are very interested in immunotherapy, though.

Thanks,

Anne

mickh
hi all

hi all

British started medi4376 in April week 8 showing good signs

JimC
Hi mickh,

Hi mickh,

Welcome to GRACE. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your good news!

Please let us know if you have any questions. We hope your good response continues for a long time.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>

janrucc
Bethw, my husband goes to

Bethw, my husband goes to Moffitt tampa and they are currently testing his biopsy for PD-L1 . Hoping to get into medi14736 trial.

cissycarroll
Hey Mike,

Hey Mike,
I see it has been a while since your last update. I would love to know how you're doing. I'm 32 and was diagnosed with Stage 4 NSCLC after it metastasized to my brain in October. I began the Medi4736 trial in Nashville in January and have had 3 treatments. I'm very interested to know your current progress. Good bless!
Cissy

mickh
hey cissy I am doing well I

hey cissy I am doing well I am having dose 27 at sarah cannon in Harley street tomorrow I assume that you are going through the the stage that the cancer swells up but this soon passes at present my cancer is stable but not a great change from the first dramatic change medi 4376 has not given me any problems and is very user friendly I hope all is going well with you .
thoughts are with you
mick

lmlb7665
I have started in Phase III

I have started in Phase III trial of Medi4736 and Tremi called Mystic. I have had one treatment of 4 for the dual immunotherapy. After that I understand the rest of the treatments will be with only Medi4736.

I would love to keep in contact with others in this trial.
Louise

lmlb7665
Dear Janrucc and cissycarroll

Dear Janrucc and cissycarroll, and mickh:(and Gotchi)

I am not sure how we can join all of us together. Gotchi and I have been keeping in touch as we are also participating in the Mystic Phase III trial.

Maybe one of the moderators will know how to connect all of us so that we can share our journey.

Louise

mickh
Hi I was diagnosed with

Hi I was diagnosed with oesophagal cancer 31/2 years ogo when through the usual cemo no response including a trial with herceptin placitaxol and another trial drug I was then ofered medi 4736 I had 12 months of treatment during which the spread to the liver has gone and can only be seen because of the plug they put in the osophagus has become less distinct and knodes have reduced I have a scan every 2 months it's been 10 months since end of treatment and still stable great stuff very little side effects marvelous

catdander
Hi mickh,

Hi mickh,

Welcome to Grace. Congratulations on your stability. I hope it last.

Janine

catdander
Hi Louise,

Hi Louise,

After reading the new post on this thread I read your last post about getting help to bring you guys together. I'm so sorry but I don't recall reaching out to help. We can email email addis to those who are still interested. Gosh, I hate I missed a chance to get y'all together. FWIW, we (not me) are working on an improved/updated site that will include the very missed private messaging function (it was Jim and mine's number 1 must have when making a wish list :) ).

Let me know who's still interested and I'll send email addresses.

Hope everyone is alright.
All best,
Janine

mickh
Hi I am cool with contacting

Hi I am cool with contacting other users

Pages