Most recent follow up recommendations stage 1a adenocarcinoma - 1290853

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
debbie57
Most recent follow up recommendations stage 1a adenocarcinoma - 1290853

I had right upper lobectomy for stage pT1a/N0 adenocarcinoma (acinar) in March 2016. Please post the most recent follow up guidelines. Chest xray, low dose CT, CT with contrast, etc.
Thank you

JimC
Hi Debbie,

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to GRACE. In these circumstances, the practice essentially has remained unchanged in recent years. As Dr. Pinder stated:

"I tend to follow the NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) guidelines for follow-up of lung cancer patients. For the first 2 years, NCCN recommends history, physical and contrast CT chest every 4-6 months (I usually obtain them every six months). After that, annual non-contrast enhanced CTs are recommended by the NCCN. One of the reasons for following early stage lung cancer patients with CT is not only to diagnose a potentially curable recurrence but also to make sure that a new, separate lung cancer has not developed." - http://cancergrace.org/forums/index.php?topic=1721.msg10113#msg10113

In the next post in that thread, Dr. West describes his very similar preferences.

JimC
Forum moderator

<p>I began visiting GRACE in July, 2008 when my wife Liz was diagnosed with lung cancer, and became a forum moderator in January, 2010. My beloved wife of 30 years passed away Nov. 4, 2011 after battling stage IV lung cancer for 3 years and 4 months</p>