No chemo from fatigue? - 1268511

billnshirley

NSCLC adenocarcinoma, Wife Shirley
7/12 LLL removed Cancer Free
8/13 Mets to Midstinum
12/13 Rad/Chemo (Cisplatin, Etopiside) complete, Cancer free, started Avastin and Alimta Maint. (Genetic tests nothing)
3/14 Pet scan: Cancer free, Avastin and Alimta Maint.
6/14 Pet Scan: Mets to epicardial fat. Avastin and Alimta Maint continued.
8/14 Mets; jugulossubclavin, paratracheal region, subarinal region , right infrahilar region, left adrenal gland. Started Taxol, Carboplatin, Avastin.
12/14 Stopped treatment, not tolerating.
12/24/14 – 12/27/14 Hospitalized for Dehydration and Pleureal infection.
1/1/15 Pet scan: Some tumors gone, some bigger, bone mets, new tumors, bilateral adrenals
1/13/15 Started Gemzar / Navelbine Day 1/8 / Zometa every 4 wks.
1/26-2/6/15 10 cycles WBRT for numerous turmors, incl Pons. 4mg X 2 decadron
2/6/15 Chemo denied from PA., numbers good, fatigue given as reason. (Gemzor, Navelbine Day 1/8 to stay treatment)
2/17/15 Next Onc appt. Fatigue has been very prominent and remains from WBRT, I have seen numerous signs of improvement from where she hit bottom. I am confident in WBRT, I fear that unless we address the other issues it may all for not. Is fatigue a reason for denying chemo? In everything that is bad, and it is, but everything that could be positive is.. Thank you Bill Urban

Forums

catdander
Hi Bill,

It's not uncommon at all to withhold chemo if it's thought a person is too weak to withstand treatment. It sounds as if treatment has been pretty aggressive with a second line of a platinum doublet, WBR and a new line of a double chemo.

I hope she feels better and more comfortable with a break in treatment.

All best,
Janine