Pulmanry nodules - 1272242

miketx

I am currently undergoing tests for lung cancer. I wonder if you might explain in layman terms the meanings and significance of the results from my ct scan. I had the scan after a 1.4 x 1.2 nodule was found on a chest x-ray. The ct scan also demonstrated a 4.1 x 4 cm aortic aneurysm in the ascending aorta. Here are the items for which I'd like simple explanations:

1.4 x 1.2 cm lobular nodule within the lingual with focally irregular margins at its anterolateral aspect and a punctate eccentric calcification. Discoid adjacent lingular ground-glass atelectasis is present

5 mm pleural-based nodule at the level of the lingula

No central endobronchial lesion

Precarirnal lymph node measures 1.3 x .7 cm

I am a lifetime non-smoker and have never worked/lived around secondary cigarette smoke. I was a medic in Vietnam in a region where agent orange was dispersed. To my knowledge I never was directly exposed, but may have had contact with soldiers who had agent orange on the uniforms.

Thanks, Mike

Forums

miketx

Sorry, but I left off a bit of information I'd like explained. The ct report also states:
Punctate hepatic pypodentities measuring up to 3 mm are to small to characterize vial CT crieteria.

JimC

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry that your question seems to have been lost in the shuffle a bit. As stated in the GRACE Forum Guidelines, for a number of reasons we can't provide a detailed translation of your CT report. Your own doctor would best be able to interpret the report for you, since he/she has access to the images and if necessary can ask for clarification from the radiologist who wrote it.

Please let us know if you have other questions with which we are better suited to assist you.

JimC
Forum moderator

cards7up

I'm not a doctor or Moderator but a lung cancer patient. There are many reasons for lung nodules and not all of them are due to cancer. Only a biopsy can prove cancer or not. I'd be more concerned about the aneurysm. Good luck to you. Take care, Judy