Something to celebrate - 1247844

double trouble

2 years ago today I was handed a CT report that showed cancer in both lungs, and I'm still here and going strong! O happy day!
Debra

Forums

lembird

Debra,

So very happy that you have made it to this milestone. Wishing you many, many more happy and productive years.

God bless you,
Lembird

Dr West

Very nice to hear. We should all take more time to reflect on things to be thankful for, rather than waiting for an occasional holiday to remind us.

You're awesome. We're better for having you here.

-Dr. West

sleepless in jersey

Oh Debra I am so happy for you, that's wonderful news!
Keep smiling and the world will smile back at ya :)
CHEERS...
Sleepless

coping4life

Celebrate Life!! Congratulations on embracing the milestone and sharing it. Amazing people on this site! "Sharing the pain reduces the burden in half; Sharing the joy, doubles the pleasure" I've always liked that saying! (I don't have a signature, just trying to cope with my dad's illness and learn all I can :) )

blue skies

Sorry to be late to this party, but YAHOO DEBRA! I am so happy to celebrate this milestone with you! If you will forgive me, I was a little surprised that it was just a two year anniversary -- you seem to have been through enough for it to have be twice as much time!

I am hoping that my next opportunity will be as potentially promising as yours. Well, ok, it won't really be as potentially promising, but what the heck. You have already identified me as a cockeyed optimist!

I got initial results from comprehensive molecular testing from NIH on Tuesday and am referred to Johns Hopkins for a MEK inhibitor trial sponsored by by Dr. Charles Rudin. The Anti-PD1 clinical trial offered by Dr. Spigel in Tennessee is also a promising option. And I am hoping that either one of these will carry me to the end of the calendar year, when Johns Hopkins hopes to open a Pahse 3 trial of Kr. Braemer's anti-PD1 trial.

My goal is to parcel out these and emerging treatment options to best advantage so that I can see both my children off to college next August.

I plan to have you there with me as I hand off the luggage to some 20 something "porter" so we can do our happy dance!