Limited awareness about the causes, symptoms, screening tests, and treatment options for breast cancer has made it one of the most misunderstood diseases today. Over time, a number of myths have come up around this disease. In order to make scientifically correct information available to all, cancer specialists at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad have debunked some of the most popular breast cancer myths that abound today.
• Breast cancer is mostly genetic
• Wearing an underwired bra increases the risk of breast cancer
• Women with bigger breasts have a higher breast cancer risk
• A majority of breast lumps are cancerous
• The first sign of breast cancer is a lump
To conclude, do not let the above-mentioned breast cancer myths misguide you in your efforts of cancer prevention or screening. Furthermore, these myths do not affect the odds of a woman developing breast cancer in any way and should be disregarded as completely baseless. One of the simplest ways to ensure early detection of breast cancer is by getting regular mammograms done once you have reached the age of forty, as suggested by cancer specialists at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad.