Need Advice - Adjuvant Pembrolizumab after resection with adjuvant chemo - 1293832

Thu, 01/18/2018 - 22:29

Hi all, my mom had RUL lobectomy in September, 2017 and finally finished adjuvant chemo last week.
At the last meeting with her oncologist, he recommended her to go on a clinical trial for adjuvant Pembrolizumab after resection with standard adjuvant chemo (vs. Placebo).
We're still considering whether she'll be on it or not.

Here is brief information about my mom.
- 59y
- fully resected stageⅡb NSCLC (invasive ademocarcinoma, grade 3)
- completed 4 cycles of adjuvant chemo (NP)
- EGFR mutation - exon 21(L861Q-rare mutation)
- PD-L1 expression 30%

As you can see, she is both EGFR and PD-L1 positive.
It could mean we have more options if the cancer comes back later.
Using Pembrolizumab in advance may prevent recurrence but if it doesn't work well, it might limit our treatment option.
This is why I haven't decided yet.

Could you give me some advice on participating in this trial?
I believe that every single word from all of you will be helpful for me to make a decision.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Revision log message
Created by FeedsNodeProcessor