Hi, We went to see 2 thoracic surgeons over the last week. Both felt the nodule should be taken out rather than just biopsy for a number of reasons, (false negative, it is most likely cancer). So we decided to go with the surgeon at New York Presybertian on 68th Street and York Avenue. He has good reviews. My husbands lung functions were checked, he had another Pet Scan and EKG. Everything is set for Sept 28th. The surgeon thinks it might be an adenocarcinoma by it's presentation but won't know for sure till you get in there. He also thinks since it is small it will be a stage 1a. Hopefully my husband won't need chemo but if he does, he does. Just keep us in your prayers. I feel numb and shock that it is happening. I am busy trying to plan everything in the house so it is ready for my husband when he comes home. My husband is not talking much.
Thanks for letting me share. I will keep in touch.